After a Kansas City car crash, you may wonder whether you need to hire a car accident lawyer to represent you or whether you can negotiate with the insurance company to get what you deserve on your own.
Benefits of Having a Lawyer Represent You
A car accident lawyer can:
- Accurately value your claim. Determining compensation is often tricky. However, an experienced lawyer knows how to value past and future damages, including medical expenses, lost income, out-of-pocket costs, pain, suffering, and other losses.
- Gather and protect evidence. You will need convincing evidence to settle your case or get a court recovery. A lawyer knows what evidence to look for and how to protect it.
- Craft a legal strategy to get you the recovery you deserve. An experienced lawyer will apply the right laws to your case and develop a plan to get you the maximum possible compensation as efficiently as possible.
- Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. Insurance company tricks can prevent you from getting the damages you deserve. An attorney knows what tricks to expect and how to make sure you are treated fairly during settlement negotiations.
- Take your case to court, if necessary. If the insurance company refuses to provide a fair settlement, an attorney can make sure that all deadlines are met, draft and file the right pleadings, make appropriate legal motions, and argue your case before the court.
If you don’t have an attorney representing you, the insurance company will have a major advantage.
Hire Our Lawyers With No Money Up Front
Some car accident injury victims hesitate before calling an attorney. They are worried about how they will pay a lawyer to represent them.
Fletcher Law Office doesn’t want anyone to go without legal representation because they are worried about paying hourly legal fees. Therefore, we accept personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. That means that we are only paid when you receive compensation for your injuries, and there are no upfront costs.
Contact us today to schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation. Let’s talk about your potential claim, how we may be able to help you, and what you may recover so that you can make an informed decision about whether to hire a Kansas City car accident lawyer to represent you.