Have you been injured in a car accident in Mesquite? Dealing with insurance companies and figuring out who's at fault can be frustrating and overwhelming. You shouldn't have to go through this alone. The team at Fletcher Law wants to help you get the compensation you deserve. They know how difficult recovering from a car accident injury can be, and their goal is to take the burden off your shoulders so you can focus on healing.
Whether it's a minor fender bender or a life-changing collision, the Mesquite car accident attorneys at Fletcher Law will treat your case with compassion and pursue the maximum settlement possible. Don't wait - call today for a free consultation. The clock is ticking, so take the first step now toward getting your life back on track.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer in Mesquite, TX?
If you've been in a car accident in Mesquite, you may be wondering if you need a car accident lawyer. The short answer is yes, you likely do. Here's why:
- Insurance companies are in the business of making money, not paying out claims. They will do everything they can to avoid paying you what you truly deserve. A Mesquite car accident attorney knows how to stand up to insurance companies and fight for full and fair compensation on your behalf.
- Calculating a fair settlement amount is complicated. It involves considering factors like medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, and more. An experienced car accident lawyer in Mesquite understands how to properly value a claim to get you the maximum settlement possible.
- The legal process after an accident can be overwhelming. From dealing with insurance adjusters to understanding your rights and options, it's a lot to handle while also recovering from injuries. A Mesquite auto accident lawyer can guide you through the process, handle communications, and make sure no deadlines or details are missed.
- Litigation may be required. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, your Mesquite accident attorney can file a lawsuit to take your claim to court. Litigating a personal injury claim requires experience and expertise that only a lawyer can provide.
So in summary, yes, if you've been in an auto accident in Mesquite, hiring a car accident lawyer is absolutely in your best interests. They can help you recover damages, navigate the legal process, deal with insurance companies, and ultimately get you the compensation you deserve. Why try to handle it alone?
What Our Mesquite Car Accident Attorneys Can Do for You
When you've been in a car accident, you have enough to worry about without having to deal with insurance companies or figure out how to pay for costly medical bills. Our Mesquite car accident attorneys are here to handle the details so you can focus on recovering.
What We Do
Our attorneys can help you in several ways after an accident:
- Investigate your accident to determine liability and gather evidence to support your claim. We'll work with police and insurance companies on your behalf.
- Handle negotiations with insurance companies to recover costs for your injuries, vehicle repairs, lost wages, and other accident-related expenses. We'll fight to get you the maximum compensation allowed under Texas law.
- If necessary, we can take your case to court and represent you through litigation. We have experience handling car accident injury trials and lawsuits in Mesquite courts.
- Help you understand your options and legal rights after an accident. We offer free consultations to review the details of your case and determine the best way to proceed.
The days and weeks after an accident can be stressful and confusing. Don't go through it alone. Call our Mesquite car accident attorneys for help. We'll handle the legal details so you can start putting your life back together. Our goal is to take the burden off you while pursuing the compensation you deserve. Let our experience and expertise work for you.
Best Tips For Starting Your Car Accident Injury Case
The moments after a car accident can be stressful and overwhelming. Here are some of the best tips to get started with your car accident injury case in Mesquite.
Seek Medical Attention Immediately
Your health and safety should be your top priority after an accident. Seek medical care right away, even if you don’t notice any obvious injuries at first. Whiplash, concussions and internal damage can take time to become apparent. Get checked out by a doctor so you have medical records and a diagnosis to support your injury claim.
Report the Accident to the Police
Call 911 to report the accident to the Mesquite police and file an official police report. The report will document important details about the accident for your insurance and legal claims. Be sure to get the police report number for your records.
Contact Your Insurance Company
Notify your auto insurance provider about the accident as soon as possible. Provide details about the accident including time, location and other vehicles involved. Your insurance company may be able to help coordinate repairs or handle the other driver’s insurance provider.
Consult with a Personal Injury Attorney
Speaking with an experienced car accident lawyer in Mesquite is one of the best things you can do. They can walk you through the legal process, deal with insurance companies on your behalf and help you pursue compensation for your injuries and other losses. Most personal injury firms offer free initial consultations to review the details of your case.
Keep Records of Everything
Maintain records of all accident-related expenses including medical bills, lost wages, and vehicle repairs. Keep a file with copies of the police report, insurance paperwork, and correspondence with any involved parties. These records will be important for determining the full value of your injury claim.
The days following an auto accident can be difficult. But by taking the proper steps, you can make sure your rights are protected and get the fair recovery you deserve. A caring Mesquite personal injury lawyer will help guide you through the legal process every step of the way.
Determining Liability in a Mesquite Car Accident Claim
Determining liability in a car accident claim means figuring out who is at fault for the crash. As your Mesquite car accident lawyers, we will conduct a thorough investigation to establish liability and build a strong case.
To determine liability, we consider several factors:
- Traffic laws: Which driver violated traffic laws like running a red light or stop sign? Failure to yield the right of way? Driving recklessly? Traffic law violations usually indicate the at-fault driver.
- Insurance claims: We review the insurance claims of all drivers involved. Conflicting statements or an admission of fault can help identify the liable party.
- Witness accounts: We try to locate any eyewitnesses to the accident and get their statements on what happened. Witness testimony is very compelling evidence.
- Police reports: We obtain the official police report which documents details of the accident scene, statements from drivers and witnesses, and any citations issued. The police report often indicates which driver the investigating officer found primarily at fault.
- Vehicle positions: The position and damage of all vehicles after the impact can reveal a lot about how the crash occurred and which driver was likely at fault. We may work with accident reconstruction experts to analyze the vehicle positions and damage.
- Medical records: Your medical records and bills help demonstrate the severity of your injuries. More severe injuries often correspond with a driver clearly being negligent or reckless, strengthening your case.
Once we have completed our investigation, we determine the liable parties and proceed to file a personal injury claim against them to recover damages for your injuries and losses. Our experienced Mesquite car accident attorneys have a proven track record of achieving maximum compensation for our clients. Let us help you, too.
How Much Is My Mesquite Car Accident Case Worth?
If you've been in an accident, one of the first questions you probably have is how much your car accident claim might be worth. There are several factors that determine the value of a Mesquite car accident settlement.
Type of Injuries
The severity and type of injuries you sustained in the crash are a major factor. Minor soft tissue injuries like whiplash are typically worth less than severe injuries like broken bones, traumatic brain injuries or spinal cord damage. Permanent injuries or disabilities will increase your settlement amount.
Amount of Medical Bills
Your medical expenses are directly related to the value of your settlement. The more treatment you require, especially if you need ongoing care, the higher the settlement is likely to be. Make sure to keep records of all doctor visits, therapy appointments, medication costs, and other related expenses.
If your injuries prevented you from working, either temporarily or permanently, the lost income can be incorporated into your settlement. Provide pay stubs, tax returns, or other documents to prove your average wages before the accident.
Pain and Suffering
Car accident settlements also take into account non-economic losses like pain, suffering, and reduced quality of life. Things like physical pain, emotional anguish, loss of enjoyment of activities are subjective but still important factors in determining what your Mesquite car accident claim might be worth.
Liability and Fault
The amount of liability or fault the other driver had in the crash also impacts your potential settlement. If the other driver was clearly at fault, your settlement will likely be higher. Disputes over fault often have to be resolved in court, which can influence the final settlement amount.
The value of a car accident claim depends on the specifics of your case. An experienced Mesquite car accident attorney can review the details of your accident and injuries to provide an estimate of what your claim could be worth. They can then negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to pursue the maximum compensation you deserve.
Evidence to Gather at the Scene of a Mesquite Car Accident
Gathering evidence at the scene of a car accident in Mesquite can be crucial for building your case. Here are some of the key things you’ll want to collect:
Take pictures of everything involved in the accident. Get shots of the vehicles, damage, skid marks, road conditions, traffic signs or lights, and anything else that could be relevant. Photographs provide visual documentation of what happened and can reveal important details you may miss in the stress of the moment.
Exchange contact details with the other driver(s) and any witnesses. Get their full names, phone numbers, email addresses, and insurance information. Witness accounts of what they saw can help support your version of events.
Request a copy of the official police report for your records. The investigating officer will document details like the time and location of the accident, weather and traffic conditions, statements from those involved, and any citations issued. The police report is an important piece of evidence for determining fault and liability.
See a doctor as soon as possible for a checkup and keep records of any diagnoses, test results, or treatments. Even if you feel fine after an accident, injuries like whiplash or concussions can take time to become apparent. Medical records establish a documented history of the harm caused by the collision.
Vehicle Damage Estimates
Get repair estimates for the damage to your vehicle as well as photos of the damage itself. This evidence of the severity of impact can be used to determine appropriate compensation for property damage claims. Save all receipts for rental cars, tow trucks, or other accident-related expenses.
Gathering the right evidence at the scene of your Mesquite car accident gives you the foundation for a strong legal claim. Be sure to contact a reputable Mesquite car accident attorney to discuss your case, determine liability, and pursue fair compensation for your damages. An experienced lawyer can help ensure you take all the proper steps to build a compelling case.
Common Injuries Sustained in Mesquite Car Accidents
Some of the most common injuries seen in Mesquite car accidents include:
- Whiplash: When your head is violently whipped back and forth, it can cause damage to the soft tissues in your neck. Whiplash often doesn’t show symptoms until hours or days after an accident. See a doctor right away if you experience neck pain, stiffness, or loss of range of motion.
- Head and Brain Injuries: In a car accident, your head is at high risk of impact that can lead to concussions, skull fractures, bleeding in the brain, and other traumatic brain injuries. Head injuries should always be evaluated by a doctor as soon as possible.
- Broken Bones: Broken arms, legs, ribs, and other fractures are frequent outcomes of car crashes. Broken bones often require emergency care, surgery, physical therapy, and a long recovery process.
- Internal Bleeding: Although not always immediately apparent, internal injuries such as damage to organs, arteries, and veins can be life-threatening. Seek medical care right away if you experience symptoms like pain in the abdomen, chest, pelvis or shoulders, rapid pulse, lightheadedness or shortness of breath.
- PTSD: Car accidents can be extremely traumatic events that lead to post-traumatic stress disorder. Symptoms may include anxiety, insomnia, flashbacks, and severe stress. Speaking to a mental health professional can help you work through the trauma.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a Mesquite car accident, seek medical attention immediately and call a personal injury attorney. An experienced car accident lawyer can advise you of your legal rights, handle communications with insurance companies, and fight for maximum compensation so you can focus on your recovery.
How to Get Your Car Repaired or Replaced After an Accident in Mesquite
After an accident, getting your vehicle repaired or replaced is crucial for your daily life in Mesquite to return to normal. Here are some steps to take:
File a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance. Provide details about the accident and get an estimate for repairs from a trusted mechanic or body shop. The insurance company will evaluate liability and damage claims to determine coverage.
If the other driver is found fully or partially at fault, their insurance should cover repair or replacement costs for your vehicle. You may need to pay a deductible, but can typically recover that amount from the other driver.
Get multiple repair estimates from certified mechanics and body shops. Compare costs and reviews to find a reputable shop to complete the necessary work. Make sure they guarantee the labor and parts in case follow-up repairs are needed.
Review the final repair or replacement costs carefully. Ensure you are only paying for damage related to the accident. Question or dispute any unnecessary charges before authorizing work to begin.
Consider a rental car if your vehicle will be in the shop for an extended time. The at-fault driver’s insurance will often cover the cost of a comparable rental car during repairs. Ask about your options for vehicle rentals or loaners to limit interruption to your daily driving needs.
If your vehicle is totaled, work with the insurance company to determine its actual cash value. Be prepared to provide service records and recent sales of comparable vehicles to negotiate a fair settlement. Use that amount towards a replacement vehicle that suits your needs.
Following these steps after an accident in Mesquite can help reduce stress and financial burden. An experienced car accident lawyer can also help guide you through the insurance claims process, negotiate with at-fault parties, and pursue compensation for injury-related damages. Their legal expertise will ensure you recover fully and are made whole again.
Mesquite Car Accident FAQs
One of the most common questions we get from Mesquite car accident victims is: “Do I need a lawyer for my car accident claim?” The short answer is: it depends on the circumstances. For minor fender benders with little or no injuries, you may be able to handle the claim yourself directly with the insurance companies. However, for more serious accidents with significant vehicle damage, injuries, or disputed liability, an experienced car accident lawyer can help make sure you recover the full compensation you deserve.
Some other frequently asked questions include:
- How much is my car accident claim worth? The value of your claim depends on the extent of your injuries, vehicle damage, lost wages, and other expenses. A lawyer can evaluate the details of your case and provide an estimated range of what you can expect to recover.
- Should I accept the first settlement offer from the insurance company? No, especially if you are injured. Insurance companies want to settle claims quickly and inexpensively. An initial offer is often far less than the case is really worth. Let an attorney negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to get a fair settlement.
- What damages can I claim in a car accident? You may be eligible to recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, vehicle repair or replacement, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and other expenses. An attorney can determine what damages apply to your specific accident and fight to get you fully compensated.
- How long do I have to file a car accident claim? In Texas, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim is two years from the date of the accident. However, it’s best to contact an attorney as soon as possible while evidence and details are still fresh. Filing a claim quickly also allows you to get medical treatment and recover lost wages as soon as possible.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Mesquite, call the experienced attorneys at Fletcher Law. We offer free consultations to discuss your case, answer your questions, and help you get the compensation you deserve. Don't delay - call today!
Where To look For Evidence In Your Mesquite Car Accident Case
Once you’ve been in a car accident, it’s important to gather as much evidence as possible to support your claim. Here are some of the key things you should look for:
- Photographs of the vehicles involved, license plate numbers, and VINs. Take pictures of all vehicles from multiple angles, especially any damage. Write down license plate info in case the other driver leaves the scene.
- Contact information for any witnesses. Get names, phone numbers, and email addresses for people who saw the accident happen. Their statements can help establish fault and support your case.
- Police report. Call the police to report the accident and get an official police report for your records. The report contains vital info like driver and vehicle details, insurance info, statements from drivers and witnesses, and the officer’s assessment of who was at fault.
- Medical records. Seek medical attention right away, even if you think you’re fine. Visit your doctor to get checked out and document any injuries related to the accident. Keep records of doctor visits, tests, treatments, and expenses.
- Insurance paperwork. Exchange auto insurance info with the other driver(s) involved like policy numbers, company names, and contact information. Contact your insurance provider to report the claim as soon as possible.
- Accident location details. Note the exact location of the accident, the time it occurred, traffic and weather conditions, layout of the roadway, traffic signals, and speed limit signs. Take pictures of the surrounding area if possible. All these details help in determining liability.
- Car damage estimates. Get repair estimates from auto body shops to determine the full cost of fixing any damage to your vehicle. Keep records of all repair bills, receipts, and invoices related to accident-related costs.
Gathering this evidence will ensure you have a solid case to present to the other driver’s insurance company. It can also help your car accident lawyer in Mesquite build a strong claim for full and fair compensation for your injuries and damages. Collect as much information as you can—it will only help your case.
After learning about the basics of what to do after a car accident in Mesquite, you should feel more confident navigating this difficult situation. The most important thing is to stay calm, get medical attention right away if anyone's hurt, call the police to report the incident, exchange insurance information, take photos of everything, and call a skilled car accident attorney to help you pursue compensation for your injuries and damages.
The attorneys at Fletcher Law have helped many Mesquite residents through the legal aftermath of car wrecks. Let their experience work for you - give them a call for a free consultation about your case today. They'll fight to get you the settlement you deserve so you can move on from this challenging time.