Sometimes slip and fall accidents result in a bloody knee or a damaged ego. Other times, they cause much more significant injuries. If you’ve been hurt in a way that requires you to get medical attention or miss time from work or school, you deserve to know about your rights and potential legal recovery.
Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere and result in painful injuries such as:
- Head and brain injuries. If you hit your head, you could fracture your skull or suffer a traumatic brain injury. The symptoms you experience depend on how hard you hit your head and the specific area of the brain that was damaged.
- Spinal cord injuries. When you fall on your back, you could damage your spinal cord. Some injuries may be permanent and result in lifelong disabilities.
- Broken bones. Any bone can break in a fall including, but not limited to, arms, wrists, hands, legs, ankles, feet, collarbones, hips, and ribs.
- Cuts. Some lacerations may be significant and can result in scarring, disfigurement, and dangerous infections.
- Muscle and tendon injuries. As you fall, you may stretch or pull a muscle or tendon.
- Eye injuries. If you fall on your face and something scratches or penetrates your eye, you could suffer a serious vision problem.
- Shoulder injuries. During a fall, you could dislocate your shoulder or damage your rotator cuff.
Sometimes, symptoms of these injuries don’t develop right away. Therefore, it is essential to get medical care after any slip and fall accident. A medical professional can prevent your condition from worsening, and the medical record your doctor creates provides critical evidence establishing the fall as the cause of your injuries.
Take Action After You’re Hurt in a Slip and Fall
If a property or business owner’s negligence caused your fall injury, you deserve to make a fair legal recovery. Unfortunately, the insurance company responsible for paying your damages is unlikely to treat you fairly, unless you convince the insurer that you will fight for fair compensation.
The experienced slip and fall lawyers of Fletcher Law Office will fight hard to get you all of the compensation you deserve, including past and future medical costs, lost income, out-of-pocket costs, physical pain, and emotional suffering. Call us today to set up a free consultation and to learn more about how we can help you.